Following ancient errors, we sometimes assume that our bodies are less important than our spiritual souls. There is a popular cultural vision that when we die we leave our bodies behind, our spirits sprout wings and a halo and we live among the clouds strumming our harps. But this isn’t what our faith teaches us.
“I believe in the resurrection of the body.” The Creed recalls for us the teachings of Jesus about the resurrection of the body. Human beings are created as an integration of body and spirit. That means that our bodies and our spirits both participate in our sin, and in our redemption.
So what does this mean for our spirituality? What does it mean for our relationship with God?
“You Are Not An Angel – Why God Gave You a Body” explores the purpose for the human body and the role it plays in our walk with Jesus. In this course you’ll learn:
- What it means to be created in the Image and Likeness of God (and what it doesn’t mean).
- The purpose of our existence (yes we do know why we’re here).
- The role our bodies play as Images of God and in the purpose for our existence (turns out, really important ones).
- What the body is not for and why the moral teaching has so much to say about how to use the body properly.
- What love is (and why you have to learn Greek to fully understand it).
- What sexuality is (it’s more than you think it is) and why it is so important.
- How to use our bodies to give God glory!