Temperaments are the fundamental personality traits, hard-wired into us at birth, that affect the way we respond to the world around us, especially emotionally. Knowledge of the temperaments is especially important and beneficial in a Christian marriage where mutual understanding increase intimacy and offers a practical basis for self-sacrificing love.
Equipped with practical psychology, real-life anecdotes, and decades of clinical experience, the Bennetts teach in a fun, engaging style. This book will teach you:
- The four kinds of spouses — which kind did you marry?
- How temperament affects the way you and your spouse work, pray, argue, socialize, and show affection
- Tips for developing the communication skills that your temperament needs most, and for nurturing them in your spouse
- All the possible temperament combinations in marriage, and how to handle the unique challenges that yours creates
- Proven ways to figure out what really makes your spouse tick!
So often we wish we could make our spouses different (because they’re not just like us); yet the Bennetts show that true marital contentment lies not in changing the way God made our loved ones, but in appreciating it — and helping them to perfect it. Read The Temperament God Gave Your Spouse and discover a new world of understanding and respect for the person you married.