“A Thomistic Guide to Vanquishing Vice and Sin” – With the writings of St. Thomas Aquinas as his guide, best-selling author Kevin Vost tackles the Deadly Sins one-by-one, showing how each of them takes root in our soul and gives birth to offspring — other sinful thoughts and deeds that help it reach its sinful goals.
You’ll learn how they attack us, and how they become ingrained habits that prevent virtue from raising us to heaven. Indeed, these sins hold us down to earth — and possibly, ultimately, even much lower.
We can conquer the Seven Deadly Sins, and in these pages you’ll learn the same methods the saints employ to vanquish vicious habits and replace them with virtuous ones.
Follow the advice in this book, and you’ll soon strike at the head of sin and walk more positively in the light and love of Christ.
You’ll also learn:
- Which sin can truly be called the deadliest in the world
- Why there are only seven deadly sins
- What takes place within our souls when we grapple with sin
- The relationship between vices and sins – and how to sever their bonds
- How each and every deadly sin is outnumbered by several opposite virtues
- Six deadly dominoes: Do you know the sins that almost always cause us to commit additional sins?
- How “the mother of the virtues” dethrones “the queen of the vices”
- Seven sacramental and saint-sanctioned strategies to call forth God’s graces to grapple with each deadly sin